Employer: Easthall Park Housing Co-operative
Position: Housing Manager 1 Year Contract or Secondment Opportunity
Grade: EVH Grade 8/9
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 15th December 2014
Interview: Friday 19th December 2014
Temporary Housing Manager
Salary: £35,831 – £41,701 (dependant on experience and qualifications)
Grade: EVH Grade 8/9 (PA28-SM3)
We are seeking a temporary Housing Manager to cover a period of 12 months (January 2015 to January 2016) as our current Manager will be taking maternity leave. The post will be for a 1 year fixed term contract and a secondment will be considered.
We are a community controlled housing Co-operative based in Easterhouse, Glasgow and presently own and manage 748 homes.
As Housing Manager, you will have a key role within the organisation and be an active member of the Senior Management Team. You will be the driving force for our values and objectives; delivering a first class housing management service that meets the needs and aspirations of our residents and customers.
We wish to recruit an enthusiastic and flexible Housing Manager that is willing to go the extra mile and can lead by example. You must be able to fulfill a demanding but highly rewarding role.
You will have significant knowledge of housing issues, legislation, regulation and financial operation. In addition you must be a strategic thinker with strong decision making skills.
Contact Details: Claire McGraw, Housing Manager or John McMorrow, Director
Telephone: 0141 781 2277
Web address: www.easthallpark.org.uk
Hackney Migrant Centre (London) – Destitution Coordinator – see below – Deadline Thursday 11 Dec 2014
Training Manager – Harare - The deadline for applications is 31st November 2014.
Harley Reed is looking for a bright individual to manage the training operations in its Zimbabwean office. The ideal candidate will be a Zimbabwean living abroad and willing to relocate.
Responsible for the planning, operation, growth and day to day management of the office/training department. The role involves developing and managing existing Harley Reed training offerings as well as exploring other business development opportunities. Training Delivery is a key responsibility for this position. Consequently, the incumbent will occasionally be expected to teach/lecture and conduct tutor reviews at the weekend.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent working knowledge of current and emerging training tools and learning interventions/aids.
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Good networking, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Experience in designing, delivering and evaluating a range of learning and development interventions, including training courses and workshops that require sound facilitation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all categories of employees.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and often pressured environment.
- Knowledge in the use of training software and tools, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good managerial, coaching, mentoring, and interpersonal skills in a “team” setting.
- Business Development skills.
- Proactive following opportunities.
- Strong appreciation of time & cost requirements for delivery of scope.
- Builds rapport with client.
- Able to foresee and handle any potential risk management issues.
- Masters degree in Education, Business Administration or related field.
- Membership of a professional body (e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CIPS, CIM).
- Eight (8) years’ experience with at least 4 years in management position.
Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, putting the full job title in the subject line.
Freedom from Torture -
look at link for a range of jobs, volunteering and intern opportunities
Look at the link below for a range of jobs available at the Camden Society
Please find link to more than 75 immigration jobs.
Free employment advice and support Are you from a refugee background and living in London? Are you looking for a job but don’t know where to start?
The Refugee Council can offer you:
- Expert advice and support
- Access to a range of employment workshops
- Help with Job Search, CVs & interviews
- Help understanding the UK working culture
- Work experience opportunities
- Support in finding a job that’s right for you
If you would like to find out more or meet one of the Employment Advisors, call them free on 0808 808 2252 or email email@example.com.